Thursday 23 May 2013

Foursquare Debuts 'Super-Specific' Search Filters

Foursquare2



"With today's update ... Foursquare helps you find exactly what you want, whatever that may be," it announced in a blog post.

Users can filter their searches based on the following criteria: "I've checked in before," "I haven't checked in," "my friends have checked in," "offering specials," "open now" and "I've saved." Users also have the option to choose the amount of money they want to spend, with dollar signs reflecting certain price ranges.


Foursquare lists five examples, below, of very specific searches that users can now input.
  • A cheap sushi place that’s nearby and open now, but that I haven’t been to yet.
  • A bar downtown that’s new to me, but that my friends have been to. Oh, and that has margaritas.
  • A Moroccan restaurant that has tagines on the menu, but isn’t going to empty my bank account.
  • One of the museums in Paris that my friend Matt went to last year, that’s also near my hotel.
  • A burrito place I’ve been meaning to try (it’s on my to-do list) in San Francisco, that’s in The Mission and open right now.
For those who want to keep it simple, Foursquare also allows users to select "best nearby" to see the app's recommendations, or to search for "specials" for good deals.

Android users can download the latest update in the Google Play store, while iOS users can head over to the App Store.


In April, Foursquare unveiled a major update to its iOS app, effectively revamping it to become a discovery tool instead of a way to keep track of friends' activities.

What do you think of the app's new features? Tell us in the comments, below.

Images courtesy of Foursquare

No comments:

Post a Comment